Title Sequence Clip Review
In the Saturday Night Fever, his
walk and the way he does normal things is more in a like confident attitude. In
the Jaws movie at first it was very calming and warming but then when the girl
went into the water she got attacked by what would seem like the antagonist
(Jaws) and even though she held on to an object she still got pulled away and
eaten. This makes “Jaws” seem super strong and scary especially at night.
The sudden change in the music in
SCREAM symbolized that something scary or even bad was going to happen. An
example of this would be at the point where they’re on the phone and the person
says, “Cause I want to know who I’m looking at…”, then the plain background
goes into an echo sound effect. In the Apocalypse Now movie it showed trees on
fire which did not look to be native here and looked to be in some part of Asia
(I believe). There was a gun on the bed and a helicopter noise in the
background which I believe the movie will be about war. The introductions to
films are very important because it’s what drags most viewers into the movie
more and doesn’t make them click the X button if they don’t want to watch it.
There have been many instances
where the introductions make the movie seem very boring but then there’s some
that don’t. A good example of this would be the movie “Lion King” the
introduction is very iconic scene in the movie. I believe the reason why this
part of the film is so iconic is because of the song. As they said in the
article the title sequences have to match up to the movie. If it doesn’t match
up to the movie it just seems odd. In the Raging Bull the fighter is in the
ring alone, what I believe this means is that he is fighting the fight alone
mentally and throughout training he believes he is doing everything alone.
In the movie “What about Bob”, the
music, the actor, it basically tells you that this is going to be a comedy show
by the way he approaches the door, approaches the fish in the bowl by saying
“Good morning Gil!”. In the movie Trainspotting it attracts you into the movie
because of the person who is talking about “choosing”. He is listing a bunch of
options but at the same time it goes into what is happening at the same time in
the movie because what he’s saying is random. But not only that in the film is
random. So is the person listing the reasons. It switches from him escaping
somebody to somebody playing soccer. As of right now I believe I would side with picking and doing a movie for my portfolio project as it seems more fun.
Comments
Post a Comment