To Team or Not to Team

 

Although there may be many benefits to working in the team, I never really clicked with anyone while in the zoom calls. My experience with the raft group assignment wasn’t really how I planned it out to be, at first when we first started to discuss answers I had no clue we were supposed to go off on a list so I was very confused when people were saying what their 3rd and 4th options were. I told them what happened, and they laughed, but then I had to catch up. They didn’t wait for me, I’m glad they didn’t actually but while I was listening I heard some things that contributed to their personality traits that I believe I wouldn’t really fit in with or would be compatible with. Now I’m not saying as their personality traits are bad its just that some were really outgoing or was really out there and I wasn’t really comfortable with that. While not only would we have two different ideas on what the project would be, I don’t even know other people’s traits that could help me. I prefer to work by myself than to work by myself because I like to have full control over my work and I can’t rely on other people to carry their own workload because sometimes they won’t get it done. You can take accountability for your own actions when you go south. According to this article named, Songwriting loaf or creative collobaration it states “To determine if single songwriters or teams of songwriters produced more number one Billboard songs, we found that 29 (52.73%) of the top Billboard hits between 1955 and 2009 were written by individuals and 26 (47.27%) were written by groups” Now while songs and making movie clips are very different projects. They do have some of the same factors which include the music or sound. Working in teams can bring a broader sense of views to different projects. Sometimes you may be stuck on an idea and ideas and other ideas can topple onto each other. While this may be the occasion this happens usually with friends and acquaintances who already know each others qualities and personalities. While for me I don’t have much to go off of as I am quarantined and I need face and face time in order to work things out. Not only that in the same article it states that it finds it rare to see groups and mainly bands go on top of the billboards.

Comments